3. Flour your working area, and take out a sheet of puff pastry.
4. Score a border 2cm in from each edge and prick all over with a fork.
5. Tip the cooked onions into the middle, and sprinkle handfuls of grated cheese over the top.
6. Season with thyme.
7. Bake until the pastry is puffed up golden, which will take about
Serving Time: 15-20 minutes.
Also recommended are the following variations:
* pesto, slices of tomato and basil
* mushrooms and Taleggio
* pancetta and onion
About Onion Tart
I recommend you use any onion (white, red or leek) and any melting cheese (Taleggio, Camembert, fontina). It is terribly easy and perfect snack or party food. You can ad lib with whatever ingredients you have on hand
and it doesn't have to be the whole shebang that you get with making a full-blown pizza with the lot. Minimalist is best here.