1. Clean, wash and soak the daal overnight. Grind it into smooth paste. Add salt to taste.
2. Heat oil in a pan and drop spoonfuls of batter and fry till golden brown. Take the hot vadas and put in cold water for 2-3 minutes. Now Take them out of water and squeeze the water and keep aside.
3. Blend the curd (yogurt) and little water until it is smooth. Keep in refrigerator for an hour to get chilled. Add salt, red chili powder and cumin powder.
4. In a deep dish arrange bada (vada) and pour dahi over them. Now add imli (tamarind) chutney and green chutney. Garnish with coriander.
5. Serve the dahi badas (vadas) chilled