1. Grease and line a baking tin measuring 22 X 29 cm.
2. Using a sharp knife, roughly chop 225g of the chocolate and set aside. Melt the remaining chocolate with the butter in a heat proof bowl over a pan of simmering water. Leave to cool slightly.
3. Mix the eggs coffee and sugar together in a large bowl until smooth, then gradually beat in the melted chocolate mixture. Fold in flour, salt, walnuts, vanilla essence and chopped chocolate.
4. Pour into the prepared tin and bake at 190c (375F) mark.
5. For 40-45 minutes or until just firm to touch in the center. Leave to cool in the tin,then turn out. Trim off the edges and cut into squares.
- This recipe serves 6 people.
- Preparation Time: 15 minutes.
- Cooking Time: 30 minutes.
- Serving Options: Serve cold