1. Mix egg white, salt, red chili powder, cinnamon powder, half the ginger and garlic pastes and all of the browned onion paste with the mince. Mix together chopped onions, green chillies, coriander and chopped ginger.
2. Form walnut sized balls of the mince, stuffing a bit of the onion, chili, coriander and ginger mix in the center. Keep aside. Make a blend of the grated coconut, poppy and melon seeds in a blender with 30 ml/2 tablespoons water.
3. Heat oil in a flat pan and crackle cloves, cinnamon and cardamoms. Add turmeric, coriander powder, the remaining ginger and garlic pastes, onion paste and the blended seed paste. Stir-cook till the fat surfaces. Add whisked yogurt. Cook for 5 minutes.
4. Add 500 ml/2 cups water and bring to boil. Gently slide in the meat balls (koftas), a few at a time, keeping the gravy boiling. When all the koftas are in, reduce heat and simmer.
5. Turn koftas over and cook till firm and tender. Let gravy thicken.