1. Rub 1 tsp oil into the wheat flour.
2. Add 1/2 tsp salt to the what flour.
3. Make a soft dough using small amounts of water.
4. Set aside the dough for 25 minutes, covered with a wet cloth.
5. Soak blackgram dal for atleast one hour and grind to a paste adding very little or without any water.
6. Grind together red chillies, cumin seeds, cardamom, cloves and cinnamon and keep aside.
7. Heat 1 tbsp of oil in a fry pan.
8. Add the dal paste and the ground masalas, stirring constantly till the dal is fried and the water is absorbed leaving it dry.
9. Knead and divide the dough into 10 balls.
10. Make a cup with each ball and fill with the prepared dal mixture.
11. Seal by extending the dough over the filling.
12. Flatten and roll into a ball, 3" in diametre. Deep fry in hot oil till golden brown. Drain and serve hot.